This page contains various posts providing updates about our day-to-day life, events, travel and cultural experiences living tranquil in Thailand.
Check these out – I will try to be regular with the posts.
Also Note – You can see a separate BLOG for Honorary Consul updates
- Australian Honorary Consul – Jan & Feb 2019 Activity 26/03/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai:
Information & Events This bi-monthly blog offers an insight on the activity undertaken and scope of service provided to clients in the North of Thailand as well as providing information. The first two months of 2019 have been active with 317 consular activities that required 128 hours of…
- Khon, the Masked Dance Performance – Chiang Mai 28/01/2019 - Thanks to an invitation by the Government of Chiang Mai City & Province, we got to experience and enjoy a particularly unique outdoor cultural performance of the Khon Thai Masked Dance Drama at 3 Kings Monument
- Chiang Mai – The Beauty of Diversity – A Video Story 22/01/2019 - A nice video that shares images of our beautifully diverse city
- Tranquil in Chiang Mai – September and October 2018 Personal BLOG 26/11/2018 - “You either get bitter or you get better. It’s that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you.” – Josh Shipp This thought piece is a… Read More
- Tranquil in Chiang Mai – July and August 2018 Personal BLOG 19/09/2018 - Over the past months of July and August 2018 retirement life in Thailand has been engaging. We took a couple of weeks off from work & life in Chiang Mai and during that time we travelled south to Bangkok, took in the resort town of Hua Hin for a beach break. The rest of the time has been spent keeping busy around Chiang Mai.
- Tranquil in Chiang Mai – May and June 2018 Personal BLOG 14/07/2018 - Yes, everyday life and living tranqui in Thailand is either fun or boring, busy or relaxed. Much like everywhere else in the world - just with a different culture to frame it.
- Tranquil in Chiang Mai – March & April 2018 Personal Blog 12/05/2018 - Living tranquil in Chiang Mai - March and April 2018 have come and gone at an amazing pace. In this post I talk about surviving the burning season, getting out and about, spending time around home, medical matters and being busy.
- Living Tranquil in Chiang Mai, Thailand – January & February 2018 Personal Blog 7/03/2018 - Living Tranquil in Thailand - This month of March marks our 4 year anniversary in Chiang Mai - where has the time gone? I am still creating bi-monthly posts to share a little perspective on our retirement living in Chiang Mai.
- Living Tranquil in Chiang Mai; Sept to Dec 2017 17/01/2018 - Living Tranquil in Thailand is a lifestyle blog of an expat in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I usually post every couple of months on experiences in Chiang Mai but lately it has been a challenge to complete a blog so this one covers September to December 2017 living tranquil Thailand.
- Living Tranquil Road Trip; Mae Hong Son 20/11/2017 - We headed out on the Thailand roads again - this time our destination was to Mae Hong Son province in the northwest part of the country. We had visitors staying with us and it was an opportunity to explore this part of Thailand we had not visited.
- Living Tranquil Road Trip, A Chronicle – Chiang Rai, Nan & Phrae Provinces 4/11/2017 - Its been awhile since we got out on the open road and steered our wheels to explore some new territory and Thailand experiences. This chronicles our journey in the highlands of Chiang Rai and through the Provinces of Nan and Phaeo.
- Living Tranquil in Chiang Mai – July & August 2017 2/09/2017 - Sitting on my pergola at the back of our house in Chiang Mai my memory drifts back to the days when retreating from the everyday working grind in Australia to a tropical place in Thailand was our vision. So what is life like now we have been living in Chiang Mai for over 3 years?
- Our Chiang Mai Living – May & June 17 8/07/2017 - Talk about time travel living in Chiangmai - that is what May and June months have seemed like.
- Our Chiang Mai Living – April 2017 4/05/2017 - It has been awhile since I have shared Chiang Mai living updates on my blog so thought it was to write a little about our April happenings.
- Chiang Mai Living, Poy Sang Long, Festival of Culture 24/03/2017 - The colourful and intriguing festival of Poy Sang Long is essentially Thai Yai and means "ordaining the beloved sons" and worthwhile to experience if you are in Chiang Mai this time of year.
- Chiang Mai Living, 3 Year Anniversary 19/03/2017 - Would you believe that it has been 3 years since packing up a life in Australia and moving to live in Chiang Mai Thailand? Here is what we've been up to in the past few weeks.
- Chiang Mai Living – Exploring Krisdadoi Gardens and Flora Creek Resort 7/03/2017 - Krisdadoi is a legendary country-style resort situated in the charming countryside on the road to Samoeng, outside of Chiang Mai city, now home to Flora Creek Resort and was a lovely place to visit.
- Chiang Mai living – A week that was; to March 4 4/03/2017 - So its been another week of living Tranquil in Chiang Mai, Thailand so I thought maybe a post on the week that was might be a good idea.
- Chiang Mai Living – Outing for Valentine’s 2017 14/02/2017 - With house guests on this special valentines day we made our way to San Kamphaeng Hot Springs and later to Narittaya Resort for dinner.
- Thailand Road Trip – Isaan to Chiang Mai 12/02/2017 - Our journey was a Thailand road trip through Isaan, Petchabun to home to Chiang Mai.
- Thailand Road Trip – Travels from Chiang Mai to Loas 12/02/2017 - A road trip to Laos PDR was planned as I was in need of a new Thai visa for my role
- Chaing Mai Living – A Night of Dance @ Kad Theater 4/02/2017 - Dance Motion USA was visiting Chiang Mai and an invitation to a performance was accepted.
- Honorary Consul Celebration dinner 17/01/2017 - To celebrate my formal appointment as Australian Honorary Consul we decided to head to Mix North Hill golf course restaurant.
- Bangkok Visit – Jan 17 11/01/2017 - It was time for another visit to Bangkok; the 24 hour city, usually steamy, frantic and energetic.
- Thailand Road trip – Phitsanulok, Kamphaeng Phet 10/01/2017 - Its enjoyable getting out-of-town and checking out the countryside on a road trip.
- Sydney Visitors 31/12/2016 - Friends from Sydney dropped into our house in Chiang Mai on new years eve.
- Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai – Code 3 Exercise 26/12/2016 - Playing at Bangkok Hospital, Chiang Mai, in a response plan exercise.
- Chiang Mai Living – Samlor Tours 27/10/2016 - This is a nice & peaceful way to explore backstreets.
- Chaing Mai Living – Mae Rim food delights 21/08/2016 - There are lots of offerings but here are a few we have enjoyed.
- Chaing Mai Living – Wat Jet Yod 21/08/2016 - Established in 1455 A.D., on the city edge, it's worth a visit.