This page contains various posts providing updates about our day-to-day life, events, travel and cultural experiences living tranquil in Thailand.
Check these out – I will try to be regular with the posts.
Also Note – You can see a separate BLOG for Honorary Consul updates
- Potential Australian Pavilion – Chiang Mai World Fair 18 – Planning Stage 26/03/2018 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiangmai & North Thailand -Honorary Consul Ronald J Elliott:
The Consular Corps of Northern Thailand (24 missions), including the Australian Consulate, has been asked by the Governor of Chiang Mai Province to participate in a World Fair 2018. The first stage, before the Consulate can decide if it will commit…
- Living Tranquil in Chiang Mai, Thailand – January & February 2018 7/03/2018 - Living Tranquil in Thailand - This month of March marks our 4 year anniversary in Chiang Mai - where has the time gone? I am still creating bi-monthly posts to share a little perspective on our retirement living in Chiang Mai.
- Living Tranquil in Chiang Mai; Sept to Dec 2017 17/01/2018 - Living Tranquil in Thailand is a lifestyle blog of an expat in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I usually post every couple of months on experiences in Chiang Mai but lately it has been a challenge to complete a blog so this one covers September to December 2017 living tranquil Thailand.
- Living Tranquil Road Trip; Mae Hong Son 20/11/2017 - We headed out on the Thailand roads again - this time our destination was to Mae Hong Son province in the northwest part of the country. We had visitors staying with us and it was an opportunity to explore this part of Thailand we had not visited.
- Living Tranquil Road Trip, A Chronicle – Chiang Rai, Nan & Phrae Provinces 4/11/2017 - Its been awhile since we got out on the open road and steered our wheels to explore some new territory and Thailand experiences. This chronicles our journey in the highlands of Chiang Rai and through the Provinces of Nan and Phaeo.
- Living Tranquil in Chiang Mai – July & August 2017 2/09/2017 - Sitting on my pergola at the back of our house in Chiang Mai my memory drifts back to the days when retreating from the everyday working grind in Australia to a tropical place in Thailand was our vision. So what is life like now we have been living in Chiang Mai for over 3 years?
- Our Chiang Mai Living – May & June 17 8/07/2017 - Talk about time travel living in Chiangmai - that is what May and June months have seemed like.
- Our Chiang Mai Living – April 2017 4/05/2017 - It has been awhile since I have shared Chiang Mai living updates on my blog so thought it was to write a little about our April happenings.
- Chiang Mai Living, Poy Sang Long, Festival of Culture 24/03/2017 - The colourful and intriguing festival of Poy Sang Long is essentially Thai Yai and means "ordaining the beloved sons" and worthwhile to experience if you are in Chiang Mai this time of year.
- Chiang Mai Living, 3 Year Anniversary 19/03/2017 - Would you believe that it has been 3 years since packing up a life in Australia and moving to live in Chiang Mai Thailand? Here is what we've been up to in the past few weeks.
- Chiang Mai Living – Exploring Krisdadoi Gardens and Flora Creek Resort 7/03/2017 - Krisdadoi is a legendary country-style resort situated in the charming countryside on the road to Samoeng, outside of Chiang Mai city, now home to Flora Creek Resort and was a lovely place to visit.
- Chiang Mai living – A week that was; to March 4 4/03/2017 - So its been another week of living Tranquil in Chiang Mai, Thailand so I thought maybe a post on the week that was might be a good idea.
- Chiang Mai Living – Outing for Valentine’s 2017 14/02/2017 - With house guests on this special valentines day we made our way to San Kamphaeng Hot Springs and later to Narittaya Resort for dinner.
- Thailand Road Trip – Isaan to Chiang Mai 12/02/2017 - Our journey was a Thailand road trip through Isaan, Petchabun to home to Chiang Mai.
- Thailand Road Trip – Travels from Chiang Mai to Loas 12/02/2017 - A road trip to Laos PDR was planned as I was in need of a new Thai visa for my role
- Chaing Mai Living – A Night of Dance @ Kad Theater 4/02/2017 - Dance Motion USA was visiting Chiang Mai and an invitation to a performance was accepted.
- Honorary Consul Celebration dinner 17/01/2017 - To celebrate my formal appointment as Australian Honorary Consul we decided to head to Mix North Hill golf course restaurant.
- Bangkok Visit – Jan 17 11/01/2017 - It was time for another visit to Bangkok; the 24 hour city, usually steamy, frantic and energetic.
- Thailand Road trip – Phitsanulok, Kamphaeng Phet 10/01/2017 - Its enjoyable getting out-of-town and checking out the countryside on a road trip.
- Sydney Visitors 31/12/2016 - Friends from Sydney dropped into our house in Chiang Mai on new years eve.
- Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai – Code 3 Exercise 26/12/2016 - Playing at Bangkok Hospital, Chiang Mai, in a response plan exercise.
- Chiang Mai Living – Samlor Tours 27/10/2016 - This is a nice & peaceful way to explore backstreets.
- Chaing Mai Living – Mae Rim food delights 21/08/2016 - There are lots of offerings but here are a few we have enjoyed.
- Chaing Mai Living – Wat Jet Yod 21/08/2016 - Established in 1455 A.D., on the city edge, it's worth a visit.
- Wat Phra That Lampang Luang 17/08/2016 - Historic 1500 century Wat (or Temple) thats worth a visit, for old style architecture.
- Aces Birthday 2015 29/10/2015 - The annual Ace birthday dinner was at Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai.
- Singha Park Chiang Rai 23/10/2015 - Singha Park Chiang Rai, is an Agro-tourism destination in Chiang Rai.
- Northern Thailand Road Trip 22/10/2015 - A circle road trip of the north provided a change of scenery & new areas to visit.
- Chiang Dao Cave 13/08/2015 - About 70 kms north of Chiang Mai through scenic hillsides reside these large caves.
- Four Season Visit, Chiang Mai 28/01/2015 - Friends on holidays suggested afternoon coffee at the Four Seasons.