This page contains various posts providing updates about our day-to-day life, events, travel and cultural experiences living tranquil in Thailand.
Check these out – I will try to be regular with the posts.
Also Note – You can see a separate BLOG for Honorary Consul updates
- Tranquil in Thailand – Chiang Mai – 2020 18/12/2020 - Wow - it's been 12 months since my last website personal blog about semi-retirement life - living tranquil in Chiang Mai.
- Khao Yai – Road Trip Oct 2020 15/12/2020 - Here are highlights of our journey exploring Khao Yai area and National Park, Thailand
- CM Consulate Activity Feb to Dec 2020 6/12/2020 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
Hello again – the Chiang Mai consulate blog has not been very active throughout this year. The last Activity Update was back in January 2020 – oops! Thanks to the COVID situation there has been limited public diplomacy activity & our focus has been elsewhere in support of…
- Doi Ang Khang and Nor Lae Border Village – Northern Chiang Mai Province 15/02/2020 - Road trip to Doi Ang Khang and Nor Lae border village in northern Chiang Mai Provice. Some nice memories of the way of life in the North of Thailand.
- Tranquil in Chiang Mai – Thailand Blog – July to Nov 2019 30/11/2019 - Living tranquil in Thailand is now about "everyday life" - the ordinary things that everyone usually does or experiences. It seems that time has slipped away and it has been 5 months since my last personal blog post.
- Road Trip Getaway -June 2019 – Mae Sot, Sukothai 29/06/2019 - It was a 20 years anniversary celebration outing that involved taking to the local highways in our ride to explore some new areas of Thailand not visited before.
- Tranquil in Thailand Blog – Chiang Mai Living Apr, May & Jun 2019 18/06/2019 - It has been another 3 months on our journey, loving the experiences in Northern Thailand. Life is amazing - we are now looking back on 20 years of a fantastic life together this month. Ace
- Tranquil in Chiang Mai – Nov to Mar 2019 Personal BLOG 27/03/2019 - My last Tranquil in Chiang Mai post was in October 2018 and there has been lots of life since, so check out what's been happening for us from last November to now.
- Khon, the Masked Dance Performance – Chiang Mai 28/01/2019 - Thanks to an invitation by Chiang Mai City & Province, we experienced and enjoyed a particularly unique outdoor performance of the Khon Thai Masked Dance Drama at 3 Kings Monument
- Chiang Mai – The Beauty of Diversity – A Video Story 22/01/2019 - A nice video that shares images of our beautifully diverse city
- Tranquil in Chiang Mai – September and October 2018 Personal BLOG 26/11/2018 - “You either get bitter or you get better. It’s that simple. You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down. The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you.” – Josh Shipp This thought piece is a… Read More
- Tranquil in Chiang Mai – July and August 2018 Personal BLOG 19/09/2018 - Over the past months of July and August 2018 retirement life in Thailand has been engaging. We took a couple of weeks off from work & life in Chiang Mai and during that time we travelled south to Bangkok, took in the resort town of Hua Hin for a beach break. The rest of the time has been spent keeping busy around Chiang Mai.
- Tranquil in Chiang Mai – May and June 2018 Personal BLOG 14/07/2018 - Yes, everyday life and living tranqui in Thailand is either fun or boring, busy or relaxed. Much like everywhere else in the world - just with a different culture to frame it.
- Tranquil in Chiang Mai – March & April 2018 Personal Blog 12/05/2018 - Living tranquil in Chiang Mai - March and April 2018 have come and gone at an amazing pace. In this post I talk about surviving the burning season, getting out and about, spending time around home, medical matters and being busy.
- Living Tranquil in Chiang Mai, Thailand – January & February 2018 Personal Blog 7/03/2018 - Living Tranquil in Thailand - This month of March marks our 4 year anniversary in Chiang Mai - where has the time gone? I am still creating bi-monthly posts to share a little perspective on our retirement living in Chiang Mai.
- Living Tranquil in Chiang Mai; Sept to Dec 2017 17/01/2018 - Living Tranquil in Thailand is a lifestyle blog of an expat in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I usually post every couple of months on experiences in Chiang Mai but lately it has been a challenge to complete a blog so this one covers September to December 2017 living tranquil Thailand.
- Living Tranquil Road Trip; Mae Hong Son 20/11/2017 - We headed out on the Thailand roads again - this time our destination was to Mae Hong Son province in the northwest part of the country. We had visitors staying with us and it was an opportunity to explore this part of Thailand we had not visited.
- Living Tranquil Road Trip, A Chronicle – Chiang Rai, Nan & Phrae Provinces 4/11/2017 - Its been awhile since we got out on the open road and steered our wheels to explore some new territory and Thailand experiences. This chronicles our journey in the highlands of Chiang Rai and through the Provinces of Nan and Phaeo.
- Living Tranquil in Chiang Mai – July & August 2017 2/09/2017 - Sitting on my pergola at the back of our house in Chiang Mai my memory drifts back to the days when retreating from the everyday working grind in Australia to a tropical place in Thailand was our vision. So what is life like now we have been living in Chiang Mai for over 3 years?
- Our Chiang Mai Living – May & June 17 8/07/2017 - Talk about time travel living in Chiangmai - that is what May and June months have seemed like.
- Our Chiang Mai Living – April 2017 4/05/2017 - It has been awhile since I have shared Chiang Mai living updates on my blog so thought it was to write a little about our April happenings.
- Chiang Mai Living, Poy Sang Long, Festival of Culture 24/03/2017 - The colourful and intriguing festival of Poy Sang Long is essentially Thai Yai and means "ordaining the beloved sons" and worthwhile to experience if you are in Chiang Mai this time of year.
- Chiang Mai Living, 3 Year Anniversary 19/03/2017 - Would you believe that it has been 3 years since packing up a life in Australia and moving to live in Chiang Mai Thailand? Here is what we've been up to in the past few weeks.
- Chiang Mai Living – Exploring Krisdadoi Gardens and Flora Creek Resort 7/03/2017 - Krisdadoi is a legendary country-style resort situated in the charming countryside on the road to Samoeng, outside of Chiang Mai city, now home to Flora Creek Resort and was a lovely place to visit.
- Chiang Mai living – A week that was; to March 4 4/03/2017 - So its been another week of living Tranquil in Chiang Mai, Thailand so I thought maybe a post on the week that was might be a good idea.
- Chiang Mai Living – Outing for Valentine’s 2017 14/02/2017 - With house guests on this special valentines day we made our way to San Kamphaeng Hot Springs and later to Narittaya Resort for dinner.
- Thailand Road Trip – Isaan to Chiang Mai 12/02/2017 - Our journey was a Thailand road trip through Isaan, Petchabun to home to Chiang Mai.
- Thailand Road Trip – Travels from Chiang Mai to Loas 12/02/2017 - A road trip to Laos PDR was planned as I was in need of a new Thai visa for my role
- Chaing Mai Living – A Night of Dance @ Kad Theater 4/02/2017 - Dance Motion USA was visiting Chiang Mai and an invitation to a performance was accepted.
- Honorary Consul Celebration dinner 17/01/2017 - To celebrate my formal appointment as Australian Honorary Consul we decided to head to Mix North Hill golf course restaurant.