This blog provides updates about the Honorary Consul of Australia in Chiang Mai including his activities, participation, events attended and some general information sharing.
- Consulate Public Diplomacy 6/12/2022 - The Consulate has been out in the Chiang Mai Community lately, attending a few events to represent Australia.
- Austcham Chiang Mai Sundowners 12/11/2022 - A Joint Business Chambers Briefing and Social Networking event hosted by Australian Thai Chamber of Commerce (Austcham) - registration is open to all.
- November 11th Remembrance Day Chiang Mai 3/11/2022 - November 11th Remembrance Day Chiang Mai
- Queen Elizabeth II Commemoration Service Chiang Mai 15/09/2022 - QEII Commemoration Service Chiang Mai
- AUSTRALIAN CONSULAR OUTREACH – Chiang Mai 31/05/2022 - Next Australian Consular Outreach to Chiang Mai is on 27 July 2022.
- ANZAC DAY, 25 April 23/04/2022 - – The Chiang Mai Australian Consulate joins other Australians in Thailand to acknowledge those who have served and died in wars, conflicts and peacekeeping operations. The Australian & New Zealand Embassies are hosting a dawn service at Hell Fire Pass, Kanchanaburi, Thailand. The Consulate is not aware of any private Anzac Day events in Chiang… Read More
- AustCham Event Chiang Mai – 13 May 21/04/2022 - On behalf of The Australian Thai Chamber of Commerce (AustCham) Thailand, in collaboration with Australian Alumni and partner chambers, I am highlighting this upcoming event & invite those interested to register/pay to join the “Joint Chambers Chiang Mai Sundowners” at Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, on Friday 13 May 2022, from 18.00 – 21.00 hrs. The… Read More
- The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee 2022 – Chiang Mai 18/03/2022 - This year, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will become the first Australian Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee after 70 years of service. Australia will join other Commonwealth countries to mark this significant occasion. There will be many events and activities celebrating The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in Australia and across the Commonwealth. In Chiang Mai,… Read More
- Ambassador Visits Northern Thailand 31/10/2021 - Australian Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand, Allan McKinnon PSM, visited northern Thailand last week.
- Vulnerable Community Support 17/09/2021 - The Consulate visited the Baan Dek Foundation in Chiang Mai, who received a funding grant for their work in providing assistance to children of migrant worker camp communities in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
- COVID 19 VACCINATIONS 12/07/2021 - Australian enquiries about Covid 19 vaccination in Northern Thailand
- Consulate Activity Q1 2021 2/04/2021 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
The first 3 months of 2021 have come and gone – amazingly fast. Here in the north of Thailand we have transitioned from the cooler days of winter to the very hot summer days, with the accompanying & unwanted burning/smoke season. The Songkran Holiday will soon be with…
- Remembrance Day 2020 6/11/2020 - The Consulate is advised that a remembrance service 2020 will take place on 11 November at the Chiang Mai Foreign Cemetery 1898 (its on google map)
- Repatriation Flight from Bangkok to Sydney, Australia 16/10/2020 - The Australian Embassy is calling for expressions of interest for the next TWO Thai Airways flights from Bangkok to Sydney on 25 October and 1 November 2020.
- Australian Direct Aid Program Grants 28/09/2020 - The Australian Embassy invites applications for projects to be supported under its Direct Aid Program (DAP) for 2020
- Australian Embassy Consular Outreach – Chiang Mai 14/09/2020 - The next Consular Outreach visit to Chiang Mai will be held on Monday, 12 October 2020.
- Thailand Australian Alumni Awards 2020 13/08/2020 - The 2020 Australian Alumni Awards nominations are now open until Friday 21 August 2020. The award winners will be announced at the Australian Alumni Awards presentation ceremony on 23 September.
- Australian Direct Aid Program 10/06/2020 - The Australian Consulate Chiang Mai had the pleasure to accompany BlueSky Chiang Mai (a community environment group) to make a donation to the Provincial Governor and Head Of Natural Resources & Environment in Chiang Mai of equipment to aid in the suppression of local forest fires
- Expressions of Interest for Flight to Perth, Australia – 17 June 10/06/2020 - The Australian Embassy is calling for expressions of interest in a Thai Airways flight from Bangkok to Perth on 17 June. If you know of anyone that might be interested in this flight be share the information with them. If you wish to express your interest, please complete the online form using the following link:… Read More
- Chiang Mai Covid-19 Resources and Social Media Links 20/03/2020 - There are some local resources about Covid-19 for both Australia and Thailand, including Chiang Mai specific, through English language web, Facebook & social media sites that may help to find information
- Cancellation of ANZAC Days Commemorations 19/03/2020 - Anzac Day 2020 services will not take place in Chaing Mai this year.
- Australian Smartraveller & Covid-19 12/03/2020 - The Consulate in Chaing Mai is receiving emails and calls about the current status of Covid-19. The consulate is not in receipt of any specific updates or briefings on this issue. This post shares useful websites to get updated information. If you have questions regarding any impact COVID-19 may have on your travel, please contact… Read More
- Australian Honorary Consul Activity – Oct 19 to Jan 2020 1/02/2020 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
This Consulate blog offers updates on the activity of the Honorary Consul of Australia for Northern Thailand, who volunteers his time to operate the consulate in Chiang Mai. The 4 months from October to January 2020 involved 198 hours of consular services & public diplomacy activities. The consular…
- Australian Embassy Outreach – Consular Services & Passports Chiang Mai 1/02/2020 - The Australian Embassy Bangkok Consular Service Outreach visits to Chiang Mai are changed for 2019.
- Australia Day Chiang Mai 2020 26/01/2020 - Happy Australia Day Chiang Mai - no matter where you are you can celebrate our national day.
- Australian Honorary Consulate Activity – July to September 2019 8/10/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
This blog provides some information and an insight into the activity and service provided in the North of Thailand by the Honorary Counsel. The work hours provided are voluntarily donated by the Honorary Consul to operate the consulate in Chiang Mai. The previous 3 months saw a considerable…
- Australian Honorary Consul – Mar to June Activity 1/07/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
The Chaing Mai Consulate blog offers some information and insight into the activity and service provided in the North of Thailand by the Honorary Counsel. The work hours provided to operate the consulate in Chiang Mai are voluntarily donated by the Honorary Consul. The previous 4 months have…
- Australian Education Info & Australian Alumni 28/05/2019 - You are invited to join the Australian Education & Career Expo and Australian Alumni Networking evening in Chiang Mai. ขอเรียนเชิญศิษย์เก่าทุกท่านลงทะเบียนเพื่อเข้าร่วมงานแนะแนวการศึกษาและอาชีพ และงานพบปะสังสรรค์นักเรียนเก่าออสเตรเลีย
- Anzac Day 2019 – Dawn Service Chiang Mai 3/05/2019 - It is the 25th April each year on which Australians and New Zealanders commemorate Anzac Day - even here in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Thailand Songkran Festival 2019 8/04/2019 - Songkran Festival (12-15 April) is an excellent time to see Thailand, but there are some things you should keep in mind to stay safe.