This blog provides updates about the Honorary Consul of Australia in Chiang Mai including his activities, participation, events attended and some general information sharing.
- Australian Honorary Consulate Activity – July to September 2019 8/10/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai:
This blog provides some information and an insight into the activity and service provided in the North of Thailand by the Honorary Counsel. The work hours provided are voluntarily donated by the Honorary Consul to operate the consulate in Chiang Mai. The previous 3 months saw a…
- Australian Honorary Consul – Mar to June Activity 1/07/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai:
The Chaing Mai Consulate blog offers some information and insight into the activity and service provided in the North of Thailand by the Honorary Counsel. The work hours provided to operate the consulate in Chiang Mai are voluntarily donated by the Honorary Consul. The previous 4 months…
- Australian Education Info & Australian Alumni 28/05/2019 - You are invited to join the Australian Education & Career Expo and Australian Alumni Networking evening in Chiang Mai. ขอเรียนเชิญศิษย์เก่าทุกท่านลงทะเบียนเพื่อเข้าร่วมงานแนะแนวการศึกษาและอาชีพ และงานพบปะสังสรรค์นักเรียนเก่าออสเตรเลีย
- Anzac Day 2019 – Dawn Service Chiang Mai 3/05/2019 - It is the 25th April each year on which Australians and New Zealanders commemorate Anzac Day - even here in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Thailand Songkran Festival 2019 8/04/2019 - Songkran Festival (12-15 April) is an excellent time to see Thailand, but there are some things you should keep in mind to stay safe.
- Australian Honorary Consul – Jan & Feb 2019 Activity 26/03/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai:
Information & Events This bi-monthly blog offers an insight on the activity undertaken and scope of service provided to clients in the North of Thailand as well as providing information. The first two months of 2019 have been active with 317 consular activities that required 128 hours of…
- Australian Embassy Consular Outreach Program & Passports – Chiang Mai 23/03/2019 - The Australian Embassy Bangkok Consular Service Outreach visits to Chiang Mai are changed for 2019.
- Australia Day 2019 Chiang Mai 27/01/2019 - Here in Chiang Mai there were people getting together with backyard & home parties and businesses hosting events.
- Australian Honorary Consul – November & December 2018 Activity 6/01/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai:
2018 is now behind us and it is onward into 2019 – another year of adventure, chance and promise in Northern Thailand. Happy New Year and best wishes for healthy, happy and productive 2019. The Consulate looks forward to providing assistance & support, supplying information and undertaking…
- Passport Applications & Renewals Chiang Mai 4/12/2018 - Australian Passport applications and renewals can be lodged with the Australian Consulate Chiang Mai - by appointment only.
- Australian Honorary Consul Chiang Mai – Sept & Oct 2018 Activity 26/11/2018 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai:
The months of September and October are behind us now. Due to personal medical reasons the work of the consulate has been restricted to essential activity only. The Consulate dealt with consular assistance & support, supplying information and undertaking minimal public diplomacy. It was still busy with…
- NO Statutory Declaration for Income Verification 2/11/2018 - From 7 January 2019 the Australian Embassy Thailand and the Consulate General Phuket will NOT be witnessing statutory declarations which declare income or bank balances for Thai Immigration purposes.
- Australian Honorary Consul – July & August 2018 Activity 17/09/2018 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai:
These last two months have flown by involving a couple of weeks holiday and then lots of activity. The Consulate was busy with consular assistance & support, supplying information and undertaking public diplomacy. It was notably quieter due to a holiday period with 167consular activities that involved 78…
- Australia in Thailand – Direct Aid Program 29/08/2018 - Australian DAP funding applications are now open but close on 28 September 2018.
- Australian Honorary Consul Chiang Mai – May & June 2018 Activity 13/07/2018 - May and June 2018 have come and gone. The Australian Consulate Chiang Mai was active with consular assistance & support, supplying information and undertaking public diplomacy.
- Australia Pavilion – Chiang Mai World Fair 2018 15/06/2018 - An 'Australia Pavilion' will be showcased at this year Chiang Mai World Fair, held jointly with Lanna Expo 2018, a popular annual event which targets Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang and Mae Hong Son provinces and last year attracted over 400,000 visitors to the 10-day event.
- Appointment Booking System – Australian Consular Notarial and Passport Service, Bangkok 6/06/2018 - If you are going to the Australian Embassy Bangkok for notarial or passport services you will need to book an appointment online from 4 July 2018.
- Change to Australian Passport Photo Requirements – 1 July 2018 25/05/2018 - Getting a New Australian Passport – Passport photos must be taken without glasses. This will further strengthen the integrity of the Australian passport. Research commissioned by DFAT has shown that glasses adversely affect passport facial matching – matching is more accurate without glasses. Other passport photo standards are unchanged, such as looking straight at the… Read More
- Australian Honorary Consul Chiang Mai – Activity Blog for March & April 2018 7/05/2018 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai:
Over March and April the Chiang Mai Consulate was active with consular assistance & support, supplying information and undertaking public diplomacy. There were 222 activities involving 122 hours of honorary consul participation. This bi-monthly post covers highlights of my activity, some statistics on the scope and volume…
- Our Anzac Day Service in Chiangmai – 25 April 2018 26/04/2018 - ANZAC Day Dawn Service in Chiang Mai Thailand on 25 April 2018 - A collaborative effort between the Australian Consulate Chiangmai and the House of Praise International Church.
- Happy Songkran Festival & Safeguard your Passport 11/04/2018 - Please safeguard your Australian passport (& other valuables) during Thailand's traditional New Year festival, called Songkran. With lots of water throwing going on you need to keep your passport dry.
- Australian Honorary Consul Chiang Mai – Activity Blog for January & February 2018 7/03/2018 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai:
Over the months of January and February 2018 the consulate was fairly active with consular assistance & support, supplying information and undertaking public diplomacy. This bi-monthly web-post covers highlights of my activity, some statistics on the scope and volume of service as well as upcoming events and…
- Chiang Mai Flower Festival enjoyed by the Australian Honorary Consul 4/02/2018 - The Chiang Mai Flower Festival held annually, in early February, is a grand celebration that also marks the end of the cool season and with plenty of flowers is one of the most colourful events of the year.
- Australian Student Study Abroad Guide – Thailand 4/02/2018 - If you know of any Aussie students who might be interested to study in Thailand the Australian Department of Education has created this guide-book of information.
- Happy Australia Day 2018 Chiang Mai 26/01/2018 - Australia Day 2018 in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Some of our large Australian community in Chiang Mai took the opportunity to celebrate "Australia Day" at a couple of local Australian businesses. The special day offered a chance to come together, socialise and enjoy - a "bit of Australia in Thailand".
- Australian Honorary Consul Activity – November and December 2017 17/01/2018 - The Australian Honorary Consul, on behalf of the Consulate in Chiang Mai was busy with consular assistance and undertaking public diplomacy in November and December 2017. This post covers highlights of the activity statistics, volume of service as well as some upcoming events.
- Australian Honorary Consul Activity- September & October; 2017 12/11/2017 - The Australian Consulate Chiang Mai was active providing consular support and undertaking public diplomacy in September and October. This bi-monthly post covers highlights of the activity, statistics on the scope and volume of service as well as some upcoming events.
- Taste Australia – Food, Products & Education Promotion – 10 Nov 3/11/2017 - Australia comes to Chiang Mai through the Rimping Supermarkets "Taste Australia" food and products promotion. This event runs from 10 to 12 November and is supported by Austrade and other sponsors.
- Australian Honorary Consul Activity – July & August 2017 2/09/2017 - This post highlights the scope of work and scale of activities for the Australian Honorary Consul in Chiang Mai covering the two month periods of July and August 2017.
- Australian Consular Services – “The Charter”; What assistance is and is not available 22/08/2017 - The Consular Service Charter is intended to inform Australian's (in the North of Thailand) to better understand what consular help may be available and what cannot be provided.