This blog provides updates about the Honorary Consul of Australia in Chiang Mai including his activities, participation, events attended and some general information sharing.
- Remembrance Day 2020 6/11/2020 - The Consulate is advised that a remembrance service 2020 will take place on 11 November at the Chiang Mai Foreign Cemetery 1898 (its on google map)
- Repatriation Flight from Bangkok to Sydney, Australia 16/10/2020 - The Australian Embassy is calling for expressions of interest for the next TWO Thai Airways flights from Bangkok to Sydney on 25 October and 1 November 2020.
- Australian Direct Aid Program Grants 28/09/2020 - The Australian Embassy invites applications for projects to be supported under its Direct Aid Program (DAP) for 2020
- Australian Embassy Consular Outreach – Chiang Mai 14/09/2020 - The next Consular Outreach visit to Chiang Mai will be held on Monday, 12 October 2020.
- Thailand Australian Alumni Awards 2020 13/08/2020 - The 2020 Australian Alumni Awards nominations are now open until Friday 21 August 2020. The award winners will be announced at the Australian Alumni Awards presentation ceremony on 23 September.
- Australian Direct Aid Program 10/06/2020 - The Australian Consulate Chiang Mai had the pleasure to accompany BlueSky Chiang Mai (a community environment group) to make a donation to the Provincial Governor and Head Of Natural Resources & Environment in Chiang Mai of equipment to aid in the suppression of local forest fires
- Expressions of Interest for Flight to Perth, Australia – 17 June 10/06/2020 - The Australian Embassy is calling for expressions of interest in a Thai Airways flight from Bangkok to Perth on 17 June. If you know of anyone that might be interested in this flight be share the information with them. If you wish to express your interest, please complete the online form using the following link:… Read More
- Chiang Mai Covid-19 Resources and Social Media Links 20/03/2020 - There are some local resources about Covid-19 for both Australia and Thailand, including Chiang Mai specific, through English language web, Facebook & social media sites that may help to find information
- Cancellation of ANZAC Days Commemorations 19/03/2020 - Anzac Day 2020 services will not take place in Chaing Mai this year.
- Australian Smartraveller & Covid-19 12/03/2020 - The Consulate in Chaing Mai is receiving emails and calls about the current status of Covid-19. The consulate is not in receipt of any specific updates or briefings on this issue. This post shares useful websites to get updated information. If you have questions regarding any impact COVID-19 may have on your travel, please contact… Read More
- Australian Honorary Consul Activity – Oct 19 to Jan 2020 1/02/2020 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
This Consulate blog offers updates on the activity of the Honorary Consul of Australia for Northern Thailand, who volunteers his time to operate the consulate in Chiang Mai. The 4 months from October to January 2020 involved 198 hours of consular services & public diplomacy activities. The consular…
- Australian Embassy Outreach – Consular Services & Passports Chiang Mai 1/02/2020 - The Australian Embassy Bangkok Consular Service Outreach visits to Chiang Mai are changed for 2019.
- Australia Day Chiang Mai 2020 26/01/2020 - Happy Australia Day Chiang Mai - no matter where you are you can celebrate our national day.
- Australian Honorary Consulate Activity – July to September 2019 8/10/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
This blog provides some information and an insight into the activity and service provided in the North of Thailand by the Honorary Counsel. The work hours provided are voluntarily donated by the Honorary Consul to operate the consulate in Chiang Mai. The previous 3 months saw a considerable…
- Australian Honorary Consul – Mar to June Activity 1/07/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
The Chaing Mai Consulate blog offers some information and insight into the activity and service provided in the North of Thailand by the Honorary Counsel. The work hours provided to operate the consulate in Chiang Mai are voluntarily donated by the Honorary Consul. The previous 4 months have…
- Australian Education Info & Australian Alumni 28/05/2019 - You are invited to join the Australian Education & Career Expo and Australian Alumni Networking evening in Chiang Mai. ขอเรียนเชิญศิษย์เก่าทุกท่านลงทะเบียนเพื่อเข้าร่วมงานแนะแนวการศึกษาและอาชีพ และงานพบปะสังสรรค์นักเรียนเก่าออสเตรเลีย
- Anzac Day 2019 – Dawn Service Chiang Mai 3/05/2019 - It is the 25th April each year on which Australians and New Zealanders commemorate Anzac Day - even here in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Thailand Songkran Festival 2019 8/04/2019 - Songkran Festival (12-15 April) is an excellent time to see Thailand, but there are some things you should keep in mind to stay safe.
- Australian Honorary Consul – Jan & Feb 2019 Activity 26/03/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
Information & Events This bi-monthly blog offers an insight on the activity undertaken and scope of service provided to clients in the North of Thailand as well as providing information. The first two months of 2019 have been active with 317 consular activities that required 128 hours of participation.…
- Australia Day 2019 Chiang Mai 27/01/2019 - Here in Chiang Mai there were people getting together with backyard & home parties and businesses hosting events.
- Australian Honorary Consul – November & December 2018 Activity 6/01/2019 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
2018 is now behind us and it is onward into 2019 – another year of adventure, chance and promise in Northern Thailand. Happy New Year and best wishes for healthy, happy and productive 2019. The Consulate looks forward to providing assistance & support, supplying information and undertaking some…
- Passport Applications & Renewals Chiang Mai 4/12/2018 - Australian Passport applications and renewals can be lodged with the Australian Consulate Chiang Mai - by appointment only.
- Australian Honorary Consul Chiang Mai – Sept & Oct 2018 Activity 26/11/2018 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
The months of September and October are behind us now. Due to personal medical reasons the work of the consulate has been restricted to essential activity only. The Consulate dealt with consular assistance & support, supplying information and undertaking minimal public diplomacy. It was still busy with 189 consular…
- NO Statutory Declaration for Income Verification 2/11/2018 - From 7 January 2019 the Australian Embassy Thailand and the Consulate General Phuket will NOT be witnessing statutory declarations which declare income or bank balances for Thai Immigration purposes.
- Australian Honorary Consul – July & August 2018 Activity 17/09/2018 - Originally posted on Australian Consulate Chiang Mai:
These last two months have flown by involving a couple of weeks holiday and then lots of activity. The Consulate was busy with consular assistance & support, supplying information and undertaking public diplomacy. It was notably quieter due to a holiday period with 167consular activities that involved 78 hours…
- Australia in Thailand – Direct Aid Program 29/08/2018 - Australian DAP funding applications are now open but close on 28 September 2018.
- Australian Honorary Consul Chiang Mai – May & June 2018 Activity 13/07/2018 - May and June 2018 have come and gone. The Australian Consulate Chiang Mai was active with consular assistance & support, supplying information and undertaking public diplomacy.
- Australia Pavilion – Chiang Mai World Fair 2018 15/06/2018 - An 'Australia Pavilion' will be showcased at this year Chiang Mai World Fair, held jointly with Lanna Expo 2018, a popular annual event which targets Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Lampang and Mae Hong Son provinces and last year attracted over 400,000 visitors to the 10-day event.
- Appointment Booking System – Australian Consular Notarial and Passport Service, Bangkok 6/06/2018 - If you are going to the Australian Embassy Bangkok for notarial or passport services you will need to book an appointment online from 4 July 2018.
- Change to Australian Passport Photo Requirements – 1 July 2018 25/05/2018 - Getting a New Australian Passport – Passport photos must be taken without glasses. This will further strengthen the integrity of the Australian passport. Research commissioned by DFAT has shown that glasses adversely affect passport facial matching – matching is more accurate without glasses. Other passport photo standards are unchanged, such as looking straight at the… Read More