Australians in Northern Thailand
The Consular Service section of the Australian Embassy Bangkok undertakes programmed outreach visits to Chiang Mai to provide some notarial and passport services. The next visit – 5 October 2018.
The Australian Embassy will endeavor to undertake outreach visits every 6 – 8 weeks during 2018. Outreach dates are subject to change and are dependent on available resources. The program is held at:
Le Méridien Hotel Chiang Mai, 108 Chang Klan Road
Tambol Chang Klan, Amphur Muang, Chiang Mai 50100 Thailand
T +66 (0)53 253 666
There is parking under the hotel and access is available via a lift from the car park. The hours of consular operations will be between 9.00 am to 12.00 noon and 1.00 to 3.00 pm. These are the future planned days for 2018:
- 5 October
- 16 November (new date – last one for this year)
- The dates for 2019 will be published late this year.
You are advised to monitor the Australian Embassy Consular outreach program webpage (see link) to confirm dates remain accurate or any changes and for information on services offered: outreach program.
During the outreach visits, consular staff provides the following services:
* Passport applications – Please ensure you bring the completed Renewal Passport Application form (PC7) or Overseas Passport Application form (PC8) (which ever form is relevant to you and these can be downloaded from the website: http://www.passports.gov.au) and all supporting documents (original and copies) before coming for service at the outreach visit.
* Notarial services
– Statutory declarations for marriage, retirement visas, etc.
Note: If you are signing a Statutory Declaration in support of a retirement or other visa incomes you are not required to provide proof of that income. However, it is an offense to intentionally make a false declaration in a statutory declaration.
– Witnessing documents – such as for driver’s license renewals
– Certified true copies of documents – please ensure you bring the original and a photocopy of each document with you)
Please be aware:
– the consulate team can not advise you what is required to be written on your income statutory declarations for visa extensions – please confirm wording requirements with relevant Thai Immigration or visa agents.
– to obtain true copies of documents you must supply an original document and a photo copy of a document.
Before requesting a notarial service during the Outreach Program, please make sure you know exactly what service you require. You should confirm this with the organisation that requires your documents. We are not able to provide advice on which notarial service you need.
FEES – For payment of services a Credit and debit cards are now a preferred method. If you are paying in Thai baht, please bring the right change with you.
The Australian Embassy wishes to advise that there was an increase in notarial fees from 1 January 2017. The new fee structure will better align with the commercial rates charged by public notaries. The new fee schedule is available on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s website. Notarial fees have not increased since 1 July 2000.
From 2018 onwards, notarial service fees will increase annually in line with the Consumer Price Index published by the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Notarial fees are legislated according to the Consular Fees Act 1955 and consular staff has no discretion in applying these fees.
Please contact the Consular section at the Australian Embassy – Phone on 02 344 6300 – or email: firstname.lastname@example.org – prior to your visit if you require further service details and/or to confirm fees payable.
Information on Passports: see here
Information on Notarial: see here