Australians in Northern Thailand
The Australian Embassy will endeavor to undertake outreach visits every 7 weeks this year – next visit – 5 October 2018.
Please note that these dates are subject to change and are dependent on available resources. The Consular Outreach visits in Chiang Mai are held at:
Le Méridien Chiang Mai
108 Chang Klan Road
Tambol Chang Klan, Amphur Muang
Chiang Mai 50100 Thailand
T +66 (0)53 253 666
The outreach visits will take place between – 9.00am to 12.00pm and 1.00pm to 3.00pm. Dates for future outreach program visits are:
5 October 2018
23 November 2018
Dates for 2019 will be advertised towards the end of this year. You are advised to monitor the Consular outreach webpage or this page to verify that these dates remain accurate and for any changes – see link to the outreach program.
During the outreach visits, consular staff provides the following services:
* Passport applications – Please ensure you bring the completed application form – Renewal Passport Application form (PC7 – can be completed online at website: http://www.passports.gov.au) or Overseas Passport Application form (PC8 – (which can be downloaded from the website: http://www.passports.gov.au) and all supporting documents (original and copies) before coming for service at the outreach visit.
* Notarial services
– Statutory declarations for marriage, retirement visas, residence, banks, etc.
Note: If you are signing a Statutory Declaration in support of a retirement or other visa incomes you are not required to provide proof of that income. (However, it is an offence to intentionally make a false declaration in a statutory declaration & Thai Immigration may ask for proof of what is declared.)
– Witnessing documents – such as for driver’s license renewals
– Certified true copies of documents – please ensure you bring the original and a photocopy of each document with you)
Please be aware:
– the consulate team cannot advise you what is required to be written on your income statutory declarations for Thailand visa extensions – please confirm wording requirements with relevant Thai Immigration or visa agents.
– to obtain true copies of documents you must supply an original document and a photocopy of a document.
– Before requesting a notarial service during the Outreach Program, please make sure you know exactly what service you require. You should confirm this with the organisation that requires your documents. We are not able to provide advice on which notarial service you need.
FEES – For payment of services a Credit and debit cards are now a preferred method. If you are paying in Thai baht, please bring the right change with you.
The Australian Embassy wishes to advise that there was an increase in notarial fees from 1 January 2017. The new fee structure will better align with the commercial rates charged by public notaries. The new fee schedule is available on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s website. Notarial fees have not increased since 1 July 2000.
From 2018 onwards, notarial service fees will increase annually in line with the Consumer Price Index published by the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Notarial fees are legislated according to the Consular Fees Act 1955 and consular staff has no discretion in applying these fees.
Please contact the Consular section at the Australian Embassy on- 02 344 6300 – or email: firstname.lastname@example.org – prior to your visit if you require further details and/or to confirm fees payable.
Information on Passports: see here
Information on Notarial: see here
Please note that the Embassy is unable to confirm the length of validity of signed Statutory Declarations as this is a matter for Thai authorities.
We advise you to contact the Thai Department of Consular Affairs for further advice on Statutory Declarations or Thai Immigration to discuss their requirements.